[Scribus] Building scribus on FreeBSD

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky
Fri Mar 31 13:00:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

Has anyone built scribus on FreeBSD ?

I get several configure errors saying it cannot find "libtiff", "libjpeg" and
a bunch of other libraries I know I have installed ....

For example:

The required library jpeg could not be found. See the BUILDING file.

You may need to install some additional libraries or packages (on Linux,
that may mean -dev or -devel packages too). Also check your environment
variables. If you're on a 64 bit machine, maybe you need to add
--enable-libsuffix=64 to the configure arguments.
See the BUILDING file for further details and troubleshooting information.
This library is required for Scribus to build. Configure will now terminate.