[Scribus] An interesting word processing app

John R. Culleton john
Fri Mar 31 01:12:39 CEST 2006

On Thursday 30 March 2006 17:37, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> I just saw a reference to ajaxWrite at Linux Today and briefly checked
> it out.
>
> It's a basic word processor that you get from the internet whenever you
> need it at
>  http://www.ajaxwrite.com
> -- apparently you must use Firefox to get it.
>
> It is OS independent, works on Linux/Mac/Windows, will load Word docs,
> Wordperfect, OpenOffice, and some others (?).
> Will save in Word, OpenOffice, RTF, text, and supposedly PDF (I tried
> PDF and it didn't work, something about java).
>
> Not sure if/how this relates to Scribus, but just might.
>
> Greg

It is apparently an online word processor. I tried to use it via
Firefox and every "save as" ended up with a java error.

Clearly it is not yet ready for prime time. And I question the
utility of using an online word processor  compared to OO,
Abiword, Kword etc. which are already installed.

--
John Culleton
Books with answers to marketing and publishing questions:

Book coaches, consultants and packagers: