[Scribus] Drivers -n- stuff

hovergo at net-tech.com.au hovergo
Wed Mar 29 02:12:41 CEST 2006

This below is why I am so pleased I went to and stay with Linux.

><snip>
> then hunting down drivers
>
>While you'd expect drivers from the big OEMs to be stable and well
>tested, they don't seem to be as good as you'd expect.
>
>Avoid using the drivers supplied by hardware vendors
></snip>

Mind you to compile Scribus , which I chose not to do, required hunting
the right version of lcms and it's dependencies and their dependencies,
which on dial up takes days. not hours.
I downloaded and very happily  use the compiled version even without the
cmyk and a few other non inclusions.
Roger