[Scribus] Telling about other softwares

Tino Schwarze scribus.lists
Sun Mar 26 11:08:00 CEST 2006

On Sat, Mar 25, 2006 at 02:18:09PM +0000, Le Tigre wrote:

> in "Le Tigre", we write (p.23): "Le Tigre is made with Scribus, which is
> the open version of DTP softwares Xpress and Indesign".
>
> A reader asks us not to mention the commercial softwares when telling
> about Scribus.

At least, Scribus is not an "open version" of some commercial app. This
is plain wrong. I's say that Scribus doesn't need to define itself by
comparison to other apps.

> Which would be: "Le Tigre is made with Scribus, which is an open DTP
> software" (in french, of course).

This is a lot better. Sometimes a clarification like "similar to Quark
or InDesign" may be helpful, but it's not neccessary IMO.

Bye, Tino.