[Scribus] scribus fedora core 5

Craig Ringer craig
Sun Mar 26 07:06:22 CEST 2006

Wolfgang Fischer wrote:
> hi,
> with update from fc 4 to fc 5 scribus does'nt start. There is a problem
> with libssl.so.5 and libcrypt**.
> When I try to reinstall scribus, then occure the error of missing
> dependencies. Can you help me ?

I've built Scribus on FC5 - it was an absolutely fuss free process. Any
recent SRPM should rebuild for FC5 fine. Install fedora-rpmdevtools and
run fedora-buildrpmtree as a normal user to create your build tree. Now,
as the same normal user run `rpmbuild --rebuild /path/to/scribus/srpm' .
You should find at the end of it that a Scribus RPM has been created in
the RPMBUILD/RPMS/i386 directory (I think ... I use a custom path and
can't remember the default).

If you can't find the resulting file, run:

find $HOME -name scribus\*.rpm

to get a listing of Scribus RPMs in your home dir.

--
Craig Ringer