[Scribus] scribus fedora core 5

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Sat Mar 25 16:24:03 CET 2006

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 14:09:30 +0100
Wolfgang Fischer <fischer.wo at gmx.de> wrote:

> with update from fc 4 to fc 5 scribus does'nt start. There is a problem
> with libssl.so.5 and libcrypt**.
> When I try to reinstall scribus, then occure the error of missing
> dependencies. Can you help me ?

You will find the same problem with a few other programs as well.  In my case,
Privoxy and Sitecopy (as well as Scribus and a couple of other things that
escape my memory at this moment) also stopped working when I updated to FC5.

The fix for Scribus is to either recompile it from source on your newly updated
box, or install the FC5 rpm.  It is available by typing this at the commandline:

yum install scribus

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net