[Scribus] Telling about other softwares

fredd effediwhy
Sat Mar 25 15:04:50 CET 2006

On 3/25/06, Craig Bradney <cbradney at zip.com.au> wrote:

> On Saturday 25 March 2006 15:18, Le Tigre wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > in "Le Tigre", we write (p.23): "Le Tigre is made with Scribus, which is
> > the open version of DTP softwares Xpress and Indesign".
> >
> > A reader asks us not to mention the commercial softwares when telling
> > about Scribus.
> >
> > Which would be: "Le Tigre is made with Scribus, which is an open DTP
> > software" (in french, of course).
> >
> > What do you think about that?
> >
> > Raphael
>
> Yes, why publicise those other apps.. :)

That's right.
I never used these apps before, and just downloaded the demo versions. I
won't speak about text editing speed which is definitively better in those
two, but for the rest, Scribus is really more friendly to me. Even the first
time I tried it I could get cool things done in a few minutes; on the
opposite Xpress and InDesign are absolutely not intuitive for me.
OK i'm not a pre-press professionnal, so it was just my nearly worthless
point of view.

Fred.