[Scribus] TIFF is an unsupported file format?

PLinnell mrdocs
Thu Mar 23 12:28:58 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 11:56, gewilit at gmx.de wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 23. M?rz 2006 11:42 schrieb gewilit at gmx.de:
> > I checked it out: only LittleCMS isn't installed on my PC and my
> > distro doesn't offer it (SuSE 9.3.). For what is it necessary?
> > All other packages are installed. So, what to do?
>
> Additional info: I just tried to compile Scribus 1.3.2 again. After
> running ./configure I looked at the configuration summary and found
> the following result:
>
> The missing libraries are: libcups
>
> [But CUPS is installed!?]
>
> These are optional libraries, but if in doubt you should install
> them to ensure the full features of Scribus are available to you.
>
> Libraries:
>    Freetype2 installed:     Yes
>    Fontconfig found:        Yes
>    CUPS installed:          No
>    LittleCMS installed:     Yes
>    libtiff installed:       Yes
>    Libxml2 installed:       Yes
>    Python installed:        Yes
> Configuration options:
>    Debugging enabled:       No
>    cairo enabled:           No (If you don't know you need this,
> ignore it) Other details:
>    GhostScript 8.15 was found at /usr/bin/gs

Please please read the BUILDING file in the sources. It lists *every*
dependency with the exact name of the packages.

Quoting:

REQUIREMENTS AND BUILDING
=========================

Install the below packages BEFORE running configure or compiling
Scribus:

Requirements:
	Qt >= 3.3 (3.3.3 recommended)
	Freetype >= 2.1.3 (2.1.9+ recommended)
	libart >= 2.3.8+ (2.3.17+ recommended)

Recommended:
	CUPS
	libtiff >= 3.6.0
	Fontconfig >= 2.0
	LittleCMS = 1.12 (1.14+ recommended)
	LibXML2 >= 2.6.0
	GhostScript >= 8.0 (8.15 or greater preferred)
	Python >= 2.3
	tkinter for the font sampler script
	python-imaging for the font sampler preview

If any recommended libraries (and their dev/devel packages or headers)
are not installed, some features will be disabled by configure. If
you later install any of these dependencies, you will have to re-run
configure and re-compile Scribus before the features are enabled.

DISTRO SPECIFIC BUILD INFORMATION
=================================
<snip>
SuSE
====

Recommended packages for compiling from source on SuSE 9.x/10.x:
	qt3-devel (required)
	libart_lgpl-devel (required)
	freetype2-devel (required)
	fontconfig-devel
	liblcms-devel
	libtiff-devel
	libxml2-devel
	cups-devel
	openssl-devel (required if CUPS support is needed)
	libpng-devel
	libjpeg-devel
	update-desktop-files
	python-devel
	tk
	python-imaging

You can install these packages using YaST. You may find it difficult
to compile Scribus 1.3.x on anything older than Suse 9.0. In addtion,
you are recommended to have the updated KDE/Qt packages which are
provided as supplemental from ftp.suse.com or mirrors.

Peter