[Scribus] CMYK image processing

Tobias Hilbricht hilbricht
Wed Mar 22 08:52:56 CET 2006

Am Dienstag, 21. M?rz 2006 12:34 schrieb Craig Ringer:

> The POST's printers actually recommend
> working in RGB and deferring the CMYK conversion to the last minute,

If you get a colour specification by a client in CMYK, say for a logo, then
you definitely have to start in CMYK.
And if something goes wrong - the customer complains "The colours in print are
not what I intended" and you have to admit you worked with an application
which does not have CMYK capabilities at all then you have a very weak stand.
In addition, if you can convert images from RGB to CMYK and have a CMYK colour
picker then you have a second possibility to proof colours in addition to
colour management by comparing critical colours with swatches.

Yours sincerely

Tobias Hilbricht

--
Dr. Tobias Hilbricht