[Scribus] thanks for Mac version

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Thu Mar 16 18:13:00 CET 2006

Thanks to the person or persons who did the Mac port and packaged the
application and necessary files into the preferred Mac installer format
(.pkg) I use Linux (Simply Mepis) too but one of the many benefits of
open source software is that they tend to be cross-platform and this
also eases the transition to Linux. But it requires a great deal of
effort from knowledgeable and probably very busy people to do that. I
want to let you know that this is appreciated.

I am in the process of moving to all Apple or Open Source products for
most of my design needs and will switch eventually to entirely open
source products as they have the features needed to do my design work.
Scribus in the 1.3.2 development version is a big step towards this
especially with the ability to import vector graphics from Inkscape and
the advanced PDF features. Also if you put a link to donate money, I
would be interested in providing some funds for the development. I'm not
rich but I have money budgeted to give some modest financial support to
open source products that I find useful.