[Scribus] Text for book cover.

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Mar 15 02:09:40 CET 2006

Hi John,

Am Mittwoch, 15. M?rz 2006 01:55 schrieb Craig Bradney:
> On Wednesday 15 March 2006 01:49, John R. Culleton wrote:
> > Building my first book cover in Scribus. So far the following
> > problems to be dealt with.
> >
> > 1. I don't find a way to establish a uniform background color
> > for the whole page. So as I create each block of text etc. I am
> > coloring them individually. Is there a way to just color the
> > whole page?
>
> Put a layer with a coloured polygon covering the page. Page colour is not
> printed, although u can change it for display purposes.

And don't forget to insert the size of the polygon exactly the same way as
your page size. Then, set X and Y position to zero. Finally, lock the polygon
or frame. Now add a new layer for the rest of the page items.

> > 2. I need to rotate the text for the spine 90 degrees. I can do
> > it in Gimp, rotate there, and then import it as a graphic but
> > there should be a more direct way.
>
> Rotate your text frame on properties palette.
>
> > 3. I put a graphic on the front page. Now I want to put white
> > text over the top of it. I don't seem to be able to see the text
> > at all. I colored the background of the text block 0 opaque.
> > The text doesn't show whether I color it black or white.
>
> Is your text frame 1 or more levels above the image frame?

I assume you confused opacity with colour saturation. If opacity is set to
zero, all the of frame's content is invisible. Select "None" as background
colour instead and leave opacity at 100 % unless you need a lower value for
some reason.

> Craig

HTH,

Christoph