[Scribus] PDF/X3 and others

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Sun Mar 12 15:19:11 CET 2006

>Hi,
>
>I tried to put an image with 10% opacity ("en filigrane", en
>fran?ais) on the background of my pages, but when I export it into
>PDF x3, transparency is not preserved. After research, I realised
>that PDF/X-3 doesn't support transparency.
>I would like to have more explanations about all the different kinds
>of PDF we can create with scribus.

Bonjour Florence,

There is something to read here.

First link is in French
http://cerig.efpg.inpg.fr/Note/2004/pdf.htm

The Rogers digital ads gives a taste of real life use
http://www.rogersdigitalads.com/french/generalinfo_f.html

The following article answers your question. I guess we could link
this to the wiki. (Why re-write this, it's cristal clear.) IMO this
is a very useful and thorough information on PDFs.
http://www.pdfxreport.com/faq.html

Of course, google has lots more, including the Adobe site.

Au plaisir!

Louis