[Scribus] Printing tabloid landscape to Laserjet 5SiMx - Help!

John Jordan johnxj
Sat Mar 11 04:26:41 CET 2006

Can't do it. I've set it to tabloid (11x17 inches), landscape. Even set
it to landscape in the printer control panel. Page still comes out
portrait. I need this to print!

This is a PostScript Level 2 printer (genuine Adobe). It is installed
via CUPS.

In the print dialog box there is an Options button next to the printer
drop-down dialog box. The option to print to 11x17 does not appear
in the next dialog box -- under the PageRegion button. All it shows
is Letter, A4, Photo, 3x5, 5x8, A5, A6, B5JIS, various envelope
sizes, Executive, FLSA, Hagaki, Legal, Oufuku, w558h774 and
w612h935. Now, it could be that one of the last two is 11x17, if I
knew what kind of dimensions it was referencing. But even if one of
them is 11x17, they are both portrait dimensions anyway. (As an
aside, I have no idea why some of those page sizes are in there,
since this printer is not capable of printing on all those sizes.)

Down below the PageRegion is an Orientation option, which I set to
landscape.

Toward the bottom of the first dialog box is an Advanced Options
button. This brings up another dialog box, but the only button in it
that might have a bearing on the problem is Set Media Size. It was
unchecked by default so I checked it, but it didn't make any
difference.

Naturally, the Document Setup is landscape and the pages appear
landscape on screen.

This is Scribus 1.2.2.1 on Ubuntu-64 Breezy. (I can't install any
more recent versions because they don't exist yet for 64-bit Linux --
and I don't know how to force it work -- all I can do is what's in
Synaptic.)

What's the secret? Or is this a bug? Should I just abandon this and
redo it in OpenOffice.org Writer?