[Scribus] INkscape Friendly Linux Distribution _OT

Joshua A. Andler joshua
Wed Mar 8 19:22:50 CET 2006

John R. Culleton wrote:
> I have run Slackware since the floppy disk days but now it seems
> to be running out of steam in the DTP area. In particular
> several attempts to install Inkscape have failed. I know that
> several users of Scribus also use Inkscape. So my question is:
> whoat distro comes with Inkscape or is a capable host for
> Inkscape? How about Debian?

Have you tried the autopackage in our downloads area? If you haven't,
it's worth a shot. A direct link would be
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/inkscape/inkscape-0.43.x86.package?download
- and you'll just need to change permission to executable and then run it.

Otherwise, it seems like a number of our devs and users use either
Ubuntu, Fedora, or Gentoo.

Hope that helps...

-Josh
Inkscape