[Scribus] How to export in AI-10 for Scribus ?

PLinnell mrdocs
Wed Mar 8 19:00:04 CET 2006

On Wednesday 08 March 2006 04:37, Meechmunchie wrote:
> Yeah Hello, ...
>
> I just want to ask how have to to export an file with Adobe
> Illustrator so that that it is possible importing it with Scribus ?

Hi,

The defaults depending on content may or not work well.

The general rule I think is:

If the the Illy file is CMYK, then export EPS and you may or may need
to flatten it by 'backsaving' to AI Version 7 or 8.

Illustrator V9+ files have transparency features, which in some cases
might only be properly transferred by PDF 1.4 export.

If the file is RGB, try export SVG, but you need to disable the
features which are Adobe SVG viewer specific (scripting etc.)
Also, I would avoid text effects unless they are converted to outlines
before exporting.

I do plan add more detailed notes to the docs specifically addressing
this.

One other note, Andreas Vox has made many improvements, some dramatic,
to the EPS importer over the past few days. If EPS import is not
successful, I might be inclined to test current CVS.

Cheers,
Peter