[Scribus] INkscape Friendly Linux Distribution _OT

Kite Lau kitelau
Sun Mar 5 03:57:30 CET 2006

? 2006-03-04?? 17:24 -0500?John R. Culleton???
> I have run Slackware since the floppy disk days but now it seems
> to be running out of steam in the DTP area. In particular
> several attempts to install Inkscape have failed. I know that
> several users of Scribus also use Inkscape. So my question is:
> whoat distro comes with Inkscape or is a capable host for
> Inkscape? How about Debian?
>
> The distro would need to be Scribus friendly too of course.

Hi,

I am using slackware 10.2. I am happy with it. You can grab inkscape
0.43 slack pkg from www.linuxpackages.net , and here is a direct link
for inkscape:
http://www.linuxpackages.net/search_view.php?by=name&name=inkscape&ver=10.2

Freerock gnome and dropline gnome for slackware also ship it if you use
either of them :)

Regards,

Kite