[Scribus] scribus to ps on command line?

Tim Howe thowe
Sat Mar 4 22:13:31 CET 2006

Hi all.

	I am fairly new to scribus and am extremely impressed.  I've been using it for a couple weeks now to create various forms and documents for my office.

	I am hoping there is a way to batch convert a bunch of scribus files to postscript files.  Or maybe a stand-alone program that does this like atops.  I would like to be able to create scribus templates using Ruby ERB files and batch process my company's monthly bill run.  Thsi would allow one to do mass mailings, bill runs where the data is filled in from a database, etc...  The possibilities are limitless.
	Currently I can find no other format that will allow me to easily create templates with page layout capabilities and then convert them to postscript on the command line.  This would basically be the holy grail for me and, I'm sure, open up a lot of possibilities for everyone.  The scribus XML format is the only thing I can find that would allow me to do this without a lot of headaches.

	So, can someone point me to a way to do this?  If there isn't a way, what is the best way to make a formal feature request?  I'm quite certain this capability would be a "killer feature" so to speak.

--TimH