[Scribus] varia

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Fri Mar 3 14:03:28 CET 2006

>Louis Desjardins wrote:
>>  This gives me the opportunity to say again how it would be useful to
>>  have a Super Search & Replace into Scribus. For such tasks where you
>>  need to do 10 Searches / Replacements in a row, looking after
>>  1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-0 in such font and changing it to another... Why do 10
>>  Searches? Why not do only one, with all the occurrences? Wouldn't that
>>  be something?! *No other DTP app has this capability* (afaik)
>>

>I'd like to see if I can come up with some search scripts for this kind
>of thing and others like it.
>One can certainly create a list of items on a page, get the text, delete
>the text and insert new text. Even just a grep-like function might be nice.

Hi Greg,

Do you think this could be done in a way where one could possibly
save a Search/Replace instruction file, load it and apply it when
needed? We should be able to look for any formatting available for
text, including style sheets, color, font styles, special characters,
etc.

Just thoughts from a user perspective.

Louis