[Scribus] (Why is there a) Light halftone background in tiff image?

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Mar 2 01:03:01 CET 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. M?rz 2006 00:40 schrieb Leonard Sitongia:
> On 3/1/2006 Craig Radcliffe wrote:
> > Just a suggestion, but have you tried converting the TIFF to CMYK or
> > Grayscale? Given that you sampled 255 for white, I assume you have it
> > in RGB right now?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Craig Radcliffe
>
> Thank you for your help.
>
> I'm using the GIMP, and I don't see a CMYK file type to save to.  When I
> save to TIFF, I don't see an option for changing.  In the GIMP, my image
> is grayscale.
>
> Would I convert it using the GIMP or Scribus?

Hi Leonard,

I wouldn't use GIMP for converting to CMYK right now. Wait until GIMP 2.4 is
out. Scribus will do the RGB > CMYK conversion for you. However, this won't
help you any further with your problem.

I don't know if your masthead is text only. If so, I suggest you do this in
Scribus. One reason I can think of for using bitmaps with text for that
purpose is fixed size. You can achieve this in Scribus as well: Create a text
frame and edit the text to your satisfaction. Then lock the frame (properties
palette > X, Y, Z). For reuse, copy the frame to the scrapbook. Does that
help?

> ==Leonard

Cheers,

Christoph