[Scribus] Drop caps

email.listen at googlemail.com email.listen
Wed Jun 28 14:07:56 CEST 2006

Am Wed, 28. June 2006 13:09 schrieb avox:
> Owen Cook wrote:

> >> What's drop caps in German? :-)
> >
> > Google says Tropfenkappen
>
> Very funny. I doubt many Germans would have any idea what Tropfenkappen
> should mean and if they do, it sure wont be drop caps.
>
> I recommend http://dict.leo.org for online translations
> Englisch<->German<->French.
> It lists all possible translations with hints, and also phrases which
> contain that word.
>
> Very good, very professional, just not as funny as Google.
Not to forget the package leo [1] which allows a very easy access to
leo.dict.org in a xterm. So one don't need to fizzle around with browser
forms anymore, at least for those who use Linux...

just type:
leo 'small caps'
and you will get the translation. But not for drop caps :-))

regards,
thomas

 leo is a program for the command line which translates German words into
 their English counterpart and vice versa using dict.leo.org.