[Scribus] PDF-Import?

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Tue Jun 27 09:48:32 CEST 2006

Wilhelm E?t schrieb:

>>> I am using AFPL Ghostscript 8.53!
>>>
>>> If i load the PDF it shows me undefined colorspace and resolution of 72
>>> dpi; but i know that the PDF is in CYMK and has a higher resolution.
>> I had similar problems with it and solved them this way:
>>
>> Import it via the image import function, i. e. open an image frame and
>> import the pdf via right mouse-click and "import picture".
>>
>> Print your Scribus document into pdf with the same resolution your
>> imported pdf has, eg 600 dpi both.
>>
>> Worked for me, at least.
>
> I did it exactly so but if i compare the original-pdf and the scribus-pdf the
> colors are very different :-(
>
> I make a pdf-1.4 and view both - original and generated pdf - with acroread5
> under Debian Linux.

The only idea I'd have is to use the latest acroread (7 I think), I
still have this preliminary version here which appeared a few weeks
before the official version, and it runs ok. I have to admit, however,
that I do not use colors on my printers, they're just b/w, but I can see
pictures, color photos, on screen, and these appear ok.

Regards

Rolf