[Scribus] PDF-Import?

Eilert eilert-sprachen
Mon Jun 26 17:53:01 CEST 2006

Wilhelm E?t schrieb:
>>> i make my first Broschure with Scribus 1.3.3.2 and have to use some parts
>>> which i have got from a Design-Office.
>>>
>>> I put a Image-Element an load the pdf but in my generated Postscript the
>>> Color of imported PDF's are wrong!
>>>
>>> Are there any tricks to do this Job?
>
>> What version of Ghostscript do you have installed? 8.15+ or better 8.5x is
>> recommended.
>
> I am using AFPL Ghostscript 8.53!
>
> If i load the PDF it shows me undefined colorspace and resolution of 72 dpi;
> but i know that the PDF is in CYMK and has a higher resolution.

I had similar problems with it and solved them this way:

Import it via the image import function, i. e. open an image frame and
import the pdf via right mouse-click and "import picture".

Print your Scribus document into pdf with the same resolution your
imported pdf has, eg 600 dpi both.

Worked for me, at least.

Regards

Rolf