[Scribus] producing page order in a pdf for A5 booklet printing

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Jun 22 19:26:20 CEST 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 12:01, charlie young wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to export a pdf booklet as A5 pages. I then want to be able to print
> two pages per sheet of A4 paper. When printed I want to be able to compile
> the pages as a booklet so that the A5 pages are in the correct reading
> order.
>
> Currently, if i make page one my back page, and page two the front cover
> (so that when printed onto a sheet of A4 they make the booklet cover), the
> page printing order I put in the pdf generator for a 12 page document is
> thus: 1,2,3,12,11,4,5,10,9,6,7,8.
>
> Is there a function in the generator which will automatically compile the
> page order for a booklet?

Not yet. Theres an addon beign worked on for that in general.. however, as a
quick option in the export dialog, dont export all pages, but listed them
all, exactly like you have and they will appear in the PDF like that.

Craig