[Scribus] ghostscript

Jean Ghali jghali
Thu Jun 22 11:28:02 CEST 2006

Masin Al-Dujaili wrote:

> Hello Jean,
>
>> Just set path to ghostscript (gswin32c.exe specifically) in preferences,
>> 'externa tools' tab
>
> I've got the same problem and your suggestion doesn't solve it. At
> every start of Scribus it complains about ghostscript not being
> installed. Might it have to with the order in which I install both
> programs? I first installed Scribus, started it and then recognised my
> mistake. I installed Ghostscript, but Scribus still complained. I
> deinstalled Scribus and reinstalled it, but it didn't help ... BTW: I
> use v1.3.3.2 if that's of any importance.

If Scribus has been executed before GhostScript installation, desinstalling
and reinstalling it won't help. If this is not the case, you have to either:
- set the complete path to GhostScript in preferences (eg: C:/Program
Files/gs/8.53/bin/gswin32c.exe)
- delete scribus preferences (eg: C:/Document and
Settings/your_user_name/.scribus)