[Scribus] fontconfig not working?

Charles A. Landemaine landemaine
Mon Jun 19 07:06:22 CEST 2006

I am porting Scribus to PC-BSD. It seems to be a quite nice
application and it looks like a fair alternative to InDesign in many
cases. Congratulations :)

I have been frustrated looking in menus, searching on the Internet how
to enhance my fonts in Scribus. It seems it doesn't take the system
font configuration (fontconfig) into account and rather uses
antialiasing for any font at any size making them blurred and hard to
read. Please have a look at it:
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5531/scribus6zf.png

Maybe I'm missing something and there is just something to enable
easily to have the fonts look like the rest of the system. The thing
is that the Scribus GUI taked fontconfig into account (clean fonts),
but the stage uses blurred fonts. Please let me know!
Thanks,

--
Charles A. Landemaine.