[Scribus] Q; Why does import from Inkscape/SVG look so different in Scribus?

Tom Hicks tom
Mon Jun 12 22:20:27 CEST 2006

In message <448DB0F5.4020303 at gmail.com>
          "D. R. Evans" <doc.evans at gmail.com> wrote:

> I created a title page (i.e., a single, simple page) for a 6"x9" book using
> Inkscape. If anyone cares, I've put it at:
>   http://www.ipfonix.com/tmp/title-page.svg
>
> So I have a very simple question: when I "Import" this into a 6" x 9"
> Scribus document, it looks completely different than the way it looks when
> I view it in Inkscape:
the first thing i would suggest would be to export the svg form
inkscape using the "plain svg" option, i shouldnt really matter, but
it can cause problems. the next thing  would suggest is to ether
convert and text boxes or "flowed text" i think inkscape calls them,
int normal pieces of text (flowed text has been removed from the draft
svg spec, so wont work...), actually, someone can correct me if Im
wrong, but i dont thing that text works with svg import in scribus? so
you may be better off converting all text to paths straight of.

although i haven't tested if any of that helps or not...

tomh