[Scribus] [OT] Printing with Ubuntu

Elaine de Saxe coolowl
Mon Jun 12 00:58:01 CEST 2006

On 11/06/2006, at 9:29 PM, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:

> From: Gregory Pittman

> Are you using CUPS? The first step will be telling CUPS what your
> interface is.
No, I had not thought about that. At the moment I'm using OSX on the
same machine Ubuntu resides and as soon as I get back to Ubuntu I'll
look into that.

> Have you seen this?
> http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/articles/printing_ubuntu
> It looks like the key is whether Ubuntu finds the printer.
No I'd not seen that item. It seems as though the OS is not aware of
the printer (or perhaps there's something wrong/missing with the
bridge). Thank you for both tips :-)

> From: "John B"
> Do your Macs have USB ports on them? If so, then another good option
> for printing would be to use a USB-to-parallel cable
Yes, the PB has USB so that's an elegant solution if all else fails.

Thank you Greg and John for your responses :-) I'll let you know what
eventuates.

Elaine in Brisbane, Australia