[Scribus] Key bug

Helge Hielscher hhielscher
Sun Jun 11 11:27:02 CEST 2006

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 17:50:46 +0000, Le Tigre wrote:

> * how can I enable dead keys? Actually I don't even know what dead keys
> are... I'm on KDE
> * I haven't the compose key because I'm on a laptop...

A dead key is called dead because if you press it it does not give a
character itself, but only if you press another key afterwards.
The keyboard configuration in KDE can be changed in the KDE control center
in Accessibility/Keyboard Layout.. There you can also define a custom
compose key. I use the right win key as compose.
For testing if your keyboard works as intended you can use the xev
program that comes with x.org or xfree.

For further help I would need to know about your specific keyboard layout
and linux distribution.

> The better would be for me to come back to the situation where ^ + o
> makes a ? (because it was ok in the past...)

If it does not work for you inside scribus you might want to consider
typing your text in an editor like kate or kwrite and copying the text for
now.

Regards,
Helge