[Scribus] Compling under Kubuntu 6.06

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Jun 8 20:11:42 CEST 2006

* "Christoph Sch?fer" <christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> [2006-06-08 01:32:08 +0200]:

> Hi all,
>
> a Hardware upgrade permitted me to install the latest Kubuntu alongside my SuSE partitions and WinXP.
>
> Apart from being extremely impressed aboout integration, speed (Kubuntu has
> a bunch new packages installed while SuSE still tries to read the
> repositories) and ease of use, I still try to figure out how to compile
> Scribus there.
>
> I assume I installed everything mentioned in the docs, but I still get this one on the console:
>
> checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!
>
> Which package is missing?
>
> Thx in advance
>
> Christoph

Christoph,

Take a look at my Debian/Ubuntu packages to see what depends you need. The
relevant info is in the "debian/control" file. You can fetch a source package
with automatic unpacking with "apt-get source scribus" for 1.2.x or
"scribus-ng" for 1.3.x. The repository addresses are listed at
debian.scribus.net.

Regards,

Alex.