[Scribus] Hybrid pdfs

Riku Leino tsoots
Wed Jun 7 00:25:58 CEST 2006

avox wrote:
> PLinnell wrote:
> > I think in theory it could be done via 'optional content' in PDF 1.5.
>
> AFAIK "optional content" is something else (layers).

One can just add separate objects unconnected with the pdf content or marked
content annotating the graphics object in a PDF content stream. Says in the
PDF ref. 5th edition page 18. Little more from there: PDF provides means for
applications to store their own private information in a pdf file. This
information can be recovered when the file is imported by the same
application, but it is ignored by other applications. Therefore, PDF can
serve as an application's native file format while it's documents can be
viewed and printed by other applications.