[Scribus] Trouble starting Mac version 1.3.3.2

Amy Lama mayl85
Tue Jun 6 04:47:36 CEST 2006

Hello,

First of all I want to say that I think this is a great project, and I
really appreciate open source programs.

But that said, I haven't been able to try out Scribus 1.3.3.2 for
Macintosh because it won't start. I downloaded all the frameworks and
Ghostscript and put them properly in /Library/Frameworks, and I
downloaded and installed the Scribus application in my Applications
folder. However, when I clicked on the application icon, the start-up
screen came up, said "initializing" and then "creating font cache" and
there it sat for as long as I thought was sufficient (5-10 minutes). It
never got past that part and I had to force quit it.

Am I missing something? Is it a bug? Perhaps I don't have enough
memory? I'm running Mac OS 10.3.9 on an iBook G4 with 256 MB of RAM.

Any help would be appreciated! I really want to try out this program.

Amy