[Scribus] Improving Scribus Wiki (once again)

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Jul 26 02:12:42 CEST 2006

Brian Astill wrote:
> Try looking for something about wrapping text around image frames,
> using any term you can think of.  I found this a fruitless task.

Your example is an example of the difficulty of this. In Scribus, this
is of course, Text Flows Around Frame, in the Shape Tab. "Wrapping text"
seems good to you, but is a lot like word wrap, which is a very
different thing.

There is work afoot to try to do something with the Wiki to help out the
newbies out there, and as with all of Scribus, this is the work of
volunteers.

One place of entry that would serve newbies well is to bookmark and read
the "Working with" pages I wrote. These are not about design or making
special effects, but simply trying to give a rundown of some basic
operations with text and image frames.
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_text_frames
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_image_frames
http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Working_with_Story_Editor