[Scribus] It's what people don't tell you... (WAS: Re: Why do?)

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Wed Jul 26 00:11:22 CEST 2006

Am Dienstag, 25. Juli 2006 23:53 schrieb Ed Keith:
> You don't? You write books in Quark. I thought Scribus
> was intended to compete with Quark?
>
> I have only used it for fliers so far, but I thought
> the goal was to make it good for books.

Scribus, Quark or InDesign are intended to do the layout for books, magazines,
flyers, whatever, but not for editing texts (content). If someone uses Quark
for editing a text, he's using definitely the wrong tool.

That's a problem many people seem to have, confusing a layout software with a
text editor or a word processor. A DTP software is introduced at the end of a
workflow to combine text and graphics and to produce aesthetical and
print-ready files for the RIP.

Cheers,

Christoph