[Scribus] Several reasons why columns will stay per frame in Scribus; was: Why do?

peterd pral
Tue Jul 25 10:02:50 CEST 2006

>>> BandiPat wrote:
>>>
>> ...Simply add an entry to the menu under
>> Insert... Insert>Columns or Page Columns, however you want to distinguish
>> it to make it clear for new and you old Scribus experts ...A window pops
>> open.  How many columns, much like you have now for the text frame
>> columns, how much gap, linked?  It doesn't require much, because once
>> they're placed on the page, the Properties box takes over for other
>> automatic controls.
As far as I'm aware Scribus is a 'compositing' and typesetting app -
that is, a true DTP layout program.

My dictionary defines composite as (1) made up of separate parts, and
(4) something composed of separate parts.

Perhaps my years of photolithography, typesetting and compositing may
have all been in vain as the only way I know how to do the business is
by pulling it all together by using frames...

I guess I could run copy that starts at the Head however that seems like
a lot of work to me - too many soft returns or something worse to
'attempt to' drop the copy where I want it.   :-)

Nah, I'll stick to frames and at the same time I'll put my hand up with
100% support for the Scribus developers and what they've achieved so far.

Cheers,
Peter