[Scribus] Announce 1.2.5 Release

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Mon Jul 24 22:53:30 CEST 2006

* Brian Astill <bastill at adam.com.au> [2006-07-22 11:00:55 +0930]:

> On Wednesday 19 July 2006 09:12, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> > It is my fault. I went out of town on a trip when 1.2.5 was
> > released. I just finished working on and uploaded 1.2.5
> > packages for
> > Debian:unstable/testing/stable and Ubuntu:hoary/breezy into our
> > repositories.
> >
> > Enjoy,
> >
> > Alex.
>
> You are forgiven!   :-)
> Question, though.  The current instuctions require my sources.list
> to access "scribus.net/debian breezy".  I, and many others, are
> now using dapper - some have gone further and use eft.  When, if
> ever, should we change that "breezy" to a later manifestation?

Brian,

My previous discussions with Ubuntu users led me to believe that waiting for
the first "your scribus Breezy package doesn't run on Dapper anymore" report
would be a prudent path to take :). Alternatively, I could convert my hoary
chroot into a dapper chroot, or accept the corresponding time, disk space, and
bandwidth expenditures just to provide a Dapper repository, which would be
virtually identical to the Breezy repository at the moment. I'd rather work on
the introduction of a new package that would track the bleeding edge
development code from the 1.3.x tree.

> FWIW, provided you are sure that scribus works with any version of Ubuntu of
> which you are aware, "scribus.net/debian ubuntu" would make sense.

Well, I've been supporting hoary and breezy and they weren't identical, so
this solution doesn't seem reasonable. I'd also like to minimize the changes
for people already using the repositories.

> --
> Regards,
> Brian

Best wishes,