[Scribus] Why do?

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Jul 24 22:42:58 CEST 2006

On Monday 24 July 2006 22:15, Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> >> Ah, this one, yes.
> >>
> >> I also think that it is mostly up-to-date. Perhaps some new screenshots
> >> and the one or the other enhancement would do it.
> >>
> >> Does anybody still has the original files?
> >
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > http://www.scribus.net/index.php?name=Downloads&req=getit&lid=120
>
> One of the  things I was uncertain about was the copyright/usability of
> the tutorial and its components. While I got the sense that the tutorial
> itself was released to be used as desired, there didn't seem to be free
> allowance for disassembling/reassembling this tutorial to update it.
> Does anyone else know the answer?

http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=tutorials/freedomyug/scribustutorial

is the current official Scribus side link for the tutorial. The download link
on www.scribus.net is wrong, the docs one works.

Its FDL, do with it what you want. Someone was updating it, but I haven't
heard of the final results.. and that was ages ago.

There would be two things worth doing, a minor update for 1.2.5 release (which
is close enough to being the last 1.2.x release), and a major rewrite
(without taking the essence away from the document itself for 1.3.x.

Craig