[Scribus] Why do?

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Jul 23 15:33:46 CEST 2006

Ok, maybe I should have been playing closer attention to how Scribus was
coming along earlier, because I might could have prevented some of the
problems I'm starting to see now in 1.3.x!

Can someone please tell me why do the Preferences window and Document
Setup look so much alike?  The only difference I can see is that
Document Setup has one extra selection, "Document"!  That should not be
the case, the two are completely different things for gosh sakes!  Also,
why isn't there a "Column" selection in the menu?  The only time I've
seen a selection to make columns is in the initial page setup when you
start the program.  That, even, is not clear.  Automatic Text Frames?
What the heck!  I believe most people call them columns in the circles I
run in at least.  Luckily there is a mention of columns there, but most
people won't see it because it's hidden under "automatic text frames"!
And to add insult to injury, have any of you tried to use that?
Crikey!  Twice now I've tried to create a page with 2 columns & .25" gap
between them, but what is on the page when it opens?  One full size text
frame!

Even if you were able to create two from there, what bloody control do
you have with them in the main window?!?  There is no mention of columns
or anything related in the menus of the main window!  What the heck were
you developers thinking about with all this?

Ok, ok, I'll admit, I seem to be ragging pretty hard on Scribus and
those involved lately, but honestly the program or your thinking seems
to have gone off in a completely different direction from what started
out to be a DTP program!

Sorry to sound so critical,
Pat

--