[Scribus] I'm puzzled

BandiPat magicpage91
Sun Jul 23 03:52:55 CEST 2006

Brian Astill wrote:
> On Saturday 22 July 2006 10:32, BandiPat wrote:
>

>> -----------------
>> Yes, it sounds like a bug to me also, because it should be a
>> simple matter to cut & paste from anywhere in Scribus to any
>> other part of Scribus.  The cut or copied text did not even
>> appear in the Klipper. Version 1.3.3.2
>>

> Hmm..  I'm using 1.2.5 in Ubuntu Dapper, so maybe 1.3.3.2 in Suze
> 10.1 is peculiar?  I wouldn't consider a cut and paste as you
> wish to do.  I would use the Scrapbook, moving the text file into
> it, then copying it out to the new location, or just move the
> frame and contents from p1 to p2 (or wherever).  Don't either of
> these work?
>
> Bitter experience (not so far with Scribus) has made me to much
> prefer other options to cut and paste, where these are available.
> Sometimes cut works, paste doesn't, and all data is lost.

Hi Brian,
Being able to simply use the mouse to do your cutting and pasting is
very handy with Klipper in KDE.  Very quick as well.  That process
doesn't seem to work in Scribus, it's as if it ignores klipper
altogether.  This may be a feature the guys have added because of the
many different platforms Scribus now runs on and the differences in
those.  I seem to remember some discussion about cut & paste sometime
ago, but don't remember the outcome of the discussion.  During my recent
tests though, I find that using ctrl-c or -x to copy or cut text from
one frame allows you to paste with ctrl-v to another frame without
incident.  This is a simple method as well, but using the mouse to
highlight or the icons in the toolbars produce lost text to me with the
cut function, then paste.  It's possible I don't understand some changes
that have occurred to 1.3.x version, but simple cut, copy & paste
shouldn't be brain surgery in a program like Scribus.  Seems to me it
should work as the rest of the system does and adapt to that system.

Pat

--
          ---SuSE Linux v10.1---
        Registered Linux User #225206