[Scribus] I'm puzzled

BandiPat magicpage91
Fri Jul 21 06:10:12 CEST 2006

Hi all,
These questions might have been asked before, not sure, but here goes.
While helping to show a new user the advantages of using Scribus over a
word processor to layout a newsletter, I ran into a couple of things I
wasn't expecting and didn't know how to get around.  The first was an
age old problem that's been around for quite some time.  The line
spacing between words/lines, if you increase the font size on the page.
She had a two line heading/title and increased the font size.  Of
course, the lines then ran together.  While adjusting the line spacing,
all the lines in that text frame were affected!  I thought that had been
fixed for 1.3.x, but find it to still be a problem.  I'm guessing that
if you use the "story editor" this will prevent that?  Or at least let
you size fonts and adjust the line spacing only on the highlighted text?

Second question is cutting, copying and pasting text.  We imported over
some text from OOo to a text frame.  There was more text than text
frame, but she wanted part of it to go to another page anyway.  She
highlighted the extended text, selected cut then moved to the text frame
on another page, but it wouldn't paste!  We tried several other cut/copy
& pastes, but without any success.  I don't understand why this wouldn't
work.  Is there a special secret handshake one has to do before cutting
& pasting now?  ;-)

Learning how to use Scribus all over again!

Pat

--
          ---SuSE Linux v10.1---
        Registered Linux User #225206