[Scribus] Strange Bug with Scim

Jan Kandziora jjj
Thu Jul 20 19:55:15 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I'm using currently scribus-1.2.4.1-1 on SuSE 9.3 and encountered a strange
bug whenever "scim" (V1.2.0-4) is *installed*.

In most of the input fields, e.g. the margin fields in the "new document"
dialog, any input will be discarded and the field is set to "0.00" whenever
the input focus leaves the field (with TAB for example). The up-down switches
right of the input field are affected, too.

Most curious, the "first page number" field in the same dialog is not
affected.

The problem cannot be worked around by setting QT_IM_MODULE=simple, only
deinstalling scim helps. scribus complains about missing libraries then, but
works.

Known bug? If yes, what are my options besides deinstalling scim everytime I
want to use scribus?

Kind regards

	Jan
--
A Law of Computer Programming:
	Make it possible for programmers to write in English and you