[Scribus] Is there a letter standard in English?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jul 18 03:56:41 CEST 2006

Eilert wrote:
> Slightly off-topic, but it has to do with layouts :-)
>
> Is there a standard institution and a standard in GB and in the USA for
> the layout of business letters such as the DIN 5008 in Germany?

I don't think there is anything precisely like DIN 5008, in the sense
that there is no governmental agency that regulates this.
On the other hand, there are some general guides or suggestions for the
layout of business letters. This is about as good as any and easy to
understand:

http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/BusinessLetter.html

similar, with some specifics about spacing:

http://www.law.uh.edu/career/student/coverletterformat2.pdf

Greg