[Scribus] Announce 1.2.5 Release

Petr Vanek petr
Mon Jul 17 15:17:10 CEST 2006

> saw somethig that gave me pause. There was a time when any Open
> Source program could be compiled from the sources using
> ./configure; make; make install. Now each group is adopting a

oh, these old days when the young people were kind to the olders,
the sun had better yellow color and steak tasted as real steak...

well, exactly you can use autotools too... but I cannot wait for "remove
autotools"
cvs commit.

Scribus is built by Makefiles itself. Except we are saved from atuohell
configuring system. Nothing more.

> software. I see no compelling reason to change and one big reason
> not to---it puts an extra and for some an unexpected burden of
> downloading and compiling yet another new packaging protocol.

ok, just use your distro package for it.

p.