[Scribus] Some basics?

Matt Savigear mcs_scribus
Mon Jul 17 09:25:42 CEST 2006

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 20:11:19 -0400
"John R. Culleton" <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:
> > ..except wrapping multicolumn text around a wide float, which is the
> > only thing causing me real pain! Actually you can even do this but
> > you have to manually rebuild the margins on every affected column
> > which isn't practical.
>
> Context, which is a newer TeX variant can handle this. I think it
> is described in the manual Details or perhaps in Columns.

I looked at ConTeXt, however as far as I can tell it still doesn't
handle close wrapping of text around floats in multicolumn environments.
You can span, say, any two _complete_ column widths on a three or four
column page, but you can't successfully wrap around a left-side 1.5
column float for that portion of a half-column width in the second
column.

Sorry to all about the continuing OT-ness of this thread.

Matt.