[Scribus] Some basics?

Jennifer Baughman jbaughman
Sat Jul 15 18:09:26 CEST 2006

Matt,

I'm fairly new to Scribus myself, so I can't answer all your questions
-- I'd like to see the answers to your questions about sections myself.

I've found that for text editing, saving in plain text is best. For
formatting, what I do is create the styles I want in Scribus, then
create a text filter as per the instructions here:

http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Laying_out_articles

Then, I designate every paragraph based on the style I want in the text
file. Import as per above, and voila! Almost-instant formatting. It
really doesn't take that long once the initial text filters are set up.

Jennifer