[Scribus] Info about using pictures

rpkemp at ntlworld.com rpkemp
Thu Jul 13 11:12:02 CEST 2006

 On Wednesday 12 July 2006 17:48, Plinnell wrote:
> On Wednesday 12 July 2006 18:26, Ian Engelbrecht wrote:

> > I've just started using Scribus and have encountered problems with
> > inserted photos.  I have photos which are fairly large (~1200 x
> > ~1600, ~5MB, JPEG), but when I import them into a picture frame
> > they come up as tiny little images in the top left corner of the
> > frame.  When I go into properties and tick 'Scale to Frame Size' it
> > blows the picture up but the pixels are so huge that you cant see
> > what it is.

This happens to me too.

> A little more info please:
>
> Distro/Platform ?

I am using PCLinuxOS, although I had the same problem when using Mandriva.

> Which version of Scribus ?

Scribus Version 1.3.3.2

Build ID: C-C-T-F-A
Using Ghostscript version 8.15.1

As an example, I have posted a copy of one of the offending image files here:

http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~rpkemp/AFC_logo.jpg

Although the image goes all blocky in a Scribus picture frame, it is
reproduced correctly when the file is exported to PDF and it prints out OK
from Scribus too.

This does not happen with all images, just (as far as I know) the one I've
posted.

Rob

Email sent from www.ntlworld.com
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software