[Scribus] scripter in Version 1.3.3.2

Craig Ringer craig
Mon Jul 10 23:03:09 CEST 2006

Gregory Pittman wrote:
> Christian Richter wrote:
>> Again in english:
>>
>> I tried to implement a kind of Imposing script in python at the scribus version 1.3.3.2
>> The source document is in format A5 Portrait.
>>
>> Steps:
>> 1. export all pages as EPS data.
>> 2. create a new document in format A4 Landscape
>> 3. create a picture frame for all saved pages in a booklet order
>> 4. load all the pictures in the related frames
>>
> This seems unnecessarily complicated. See below.
>> Problems:
>> 1. pages will only be saved without borders
>> 2. setMargins(0,0,0,0) doesn't work. The values will be changed in the document-dialog, but the page settings are not affected
>> 3. create a new document with defines "PAPER_A4" and "UNIT_MILLIMETERS" doesn't work correct.
>>     Instead of this a new document with size (595.0x842.0) millimeters will created. (The command does not consider the right unit settings)
>>

> I checked this with some of my own scripts, and indeed, there is a
> problem with specifying anything other than UNIT_POINTS -- the
> dimensions of the page are messed up, and you can't fix it even after
> the script runs.

Yeah, I know there are some unit related issues still. I can't speak for
Petr, but I have no plans to do much work on the current scripter;
rather, I'm interested in investigating a whole new implementation for
1.4.x that's maintainable and provides more complete access to Scribus's
features.

You are very likely to get better results working in points.

--
Craig Ringer