[Scribus] inserting a frame into already linked frames

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Mon Jul 10 22:34:14 CEST 2006

Nik wrote:
> I'm not sure I understand this sentence. If you mean 'As far as I know,
> you can delete/insert a text frame in the middle of a series of linked
> frames', then are you referring to a method different to the one I've
> described, with its attendent problems? If so, I would be pleased to try
> it out - what do you have in mind?
>
> If you are referring to inserting/deleting content, as distinct to
> frames, then I agree - it is easily done; but that is not the issue that
> I have been referring to. I specifically need to insert or delete a text
> frame into/from the middle of a chain of text frames, and the current
> way I am doing it requires me to perform a whole series of completely
> unnecessary steps to accomplish this.

What I am suggesting is that perhaps rather than going about it the way
you might originally wish to, you can add a frame at the end, then
insert the table or whatever in the middle, with adjustments in frame
size(s) to accomplish your desired goal. I would think that if you
insert a frame midstream there are going to be unexpected consequences
in spillover anyway.

Greg