[Scribus] Translating Scribus on Ubuntu -- nothing but noise

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Fri Jul 7 00:40:04 CEST 2006

Am Freitag, 7. Juli 2006 00:22 schrieb Maciej Hanski:
> MaHan napisa?(a):
> > Hi fellow Scribus translators,
> >
> > I've just checked the Ubuntu and Rosetta websites:
> >
> > 1. Scribus's description in Ubuntu Launchpad
> > https://launchpad.net/products/scribus clearly states
> > under "Product status": "Doesn?t use Rosetta, Doesn?t
> > use Malone"
> >
> > 2. Rosetta's website https://launchpad.net/rosetta
> > doesn't list Scribus under "Translatable languages"
> > which means Scribus has never been imported into
> > Rosetta.
>
> I've looked more into it, there is indeed some translation activity
> going on for scribus 1.2.4.1.dfsg-1ubuntu4:
>
> https://launchpad.net/distros/ubuntu/dapper/+source/scribus/+translations
>
> Owner:
> Rosetta Administrators
> Created: 2006-03-20
> Domain: Scribus
>
> This is really funny and needs to be clarified with Rosetta administrators.

Yes, indeed. This needs clarification, because if something went/goes wrong,
it's not the Rosetta translators who will be blamed. Not that it's illegal to
modify translations, but it's certainly illegal to modify them without
labelling the translation as modified and without mentioning the people who
modified the files. Last, it's a matter of courtesy, to notify the
translation teams about any changes.

Just my 2 Cents.

> M.

Christoph