[Scribus] Scribus Digest, Vol 41, Issue 8

Grant Bloedow grant
Thu Jul 6 16:11:48 CEST 2006

On Jul 6, 2006, at 5:00 AM, scribus-request at nashi.altmuehlnet.de wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 5. Juli 2006 22:10 schrieb wayne:
>> One of my older documents have some images missing due to being moved
>> around on my hard drive. I know that the missing image is still on
>> the
>> drive because I can find it with a command line search. But when I
>> do a
>> search for the missing image from within Scribus (Extras/Manage
>> Pictures),
>> it searches and searches and eventually crashes (Signal #11). It
>> finds the
>> image after the crash but there's nothing that can be done due to the
>> crash.
>> Any one else experience this?
>>
>> Wayne
>> Scribus 1.3.3.2
>> Mandriva 2006

Wayne,
If you haven't already tried this, opening the SLA document in a text
editor like vi or emacs or pico should allow you to edit the path for
the placed images. The document format is fairly easy to decipher and
you should find your paths to correct them to the current location.
Although this isn't a fix for the issue it should recover your file.

--
Grant Bloedow
IS/IT Manager - Ace Label Systems, Inc.
grant at acelabel.com