[Scribus] image frame script problem

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Jul 4 17:20:01 CEST 2006

Dan Fink wrote:
> Please bear with me here--I'm new at both Scribus and Python!
>
> I'm trying to run the 'Add Blank Space Around Image Frame' script, and
> get this error:
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<string>", line 9, in ?
>   File "/home/danbob/book/fscript.py", line 5
>      try:
>      ^
>  SyntaxError: invalid syntax
>
> I enabled the Scripter, env and python are where they should be
> in /usr/bin.
>
> Any ideas? Am I missing something obvious?

Some further notes:
It may just be a matter of making sure all of the commands line up
properly. I tried it with and without the try: and its accompanying
except ImportError: blocks. If you copy from the wiki, you may get some
extra space to the left of each line.
I did note that the script gives an error with Scribus version 1.3.4cvs,
apparently because the scripter command textFlowsAroundFrame() no longer
exists or got lost somewhere . It actually will create the frame around
the original frame, and you can manually set the Text Flow Around Frame
in the Shape tab of Properties. Also be aware that you need to manually
put your new border frame below the original image frame in the Level in
XYZ of Properties so the image can be seen.
It does work with version 1.3.3.2 (tried this), and presumably 1.2.x
(did not try this one just now).

Let me know if you're still struggling.

Greg